Total Pageviews

Friday, October 15, 2010

Come Little Leaves....

Come, Little Leaves

by George Cooper

"Come, little leaves," said the wind one day.
"Come over the meadows with me and play;
Put on your dresses of red and gold,
For summer is gone and the days grow cold!"

This is only the first stanza of a very old American children's poem, but every year like clockwork, my grandfather would recite it to me on that first day that really embodied the feeling of Autumn.  Yesterday, October 14, was that day...not a clear bright blue sky, but a grey, windy ominous one the kind I always think makes the fall leaves look spectaular.
Maybe that's why I think a leaf in any shape is a beautiful graphic symbol.
 
One of my favorite "Leaf Sweaters" in navy blue worn one Thanksgiving a long time ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment